Current Opening: Host
Candle Event Management Coordinator
ReWax and UnWine is all things candles! We are the first and fastest growing candle making experience in the NJ tri-state area. We provide in-studio, corporate/residential candle pour experiences and offer private label services.
We are seeking a part time Event Management Coordinator to take ownership of each in-person event at our Jersey City NJ location. 3 open positions. $15 per hour, 60-80 hours per month (rotating weekly schedule) with promotion to more hours if you prove you can handle.
At ReWax and UnWine we take pride in cultivating the ultimate candle making experience for our guests. Most guests come to party or to celebrate a special moment and it is your job to make sure they are having an extremely good time. Our events are about creating memories for our guests while pouring candles and partying!
The ideal candidate is the life of the party, can manage multiple moving parts to an event including but not limited to managing the crowd, giving instructions, set up and tear down, restocking shelves, upselling and much more! If you’re high energy, can command a crowd and reliable keep reading!
After your training week, you will be leading 10-15 guests independently, this is why event ownership is important.
Your manager will be virtual to answer any question but you’re the lead of each event. Events over 15 people, another Host will be present to help you manage. You will be helping customers select their scents, combined them, and show them how to hand pour their very own candles. Don’t worry, you will be trained on how to pour the perfect candle, what we are looking for is someone to bring the high energy, well-spoke, not afraid to command a crowd, professional, and reliable. When customers think of our events, they think of upbeat music, drinking, dancing and of course pouring candles.
Set up responsibilities include but not limited to:
· Upon arrival greet and check in guests
· Help guest open their food and drinks. Serve their beverages continuously throughout the event.
· Play upbeat music, set up karaoke
· Command guests attention to give introduction instructions, comfortable on the microphone or raising your voice
· Be well spoken and polite/professional
· Clean coconut wax candles, can be messy (training provided)
· Promote our in-studio products. Upsell retail station for commissions and bonuses
· Conduct candle trivia and candle care discussion before guests leave – high energy
· A lot of multi-tasking throughout the event – think bartender or server – fast, fast, fast
Tear down responsibilities include but not limited to:
· Clean guests’ waxy trays, dirty fragrance beakers, disinfect high touch points, clean bathroom after every event.
· Restock candle jar shelves
· Clean and place supplies in proper area for next event
· Prepare fast, you’ll have only 30 minutes to 1 hour between events.
· Update inventory management systems.
· Make a great first impression for your customers in a professional manner. Customer experience is most important.
· Take ownership and pride in what you do!
· Retain candle training information and be able to recite to customers, cannot be timid!!
· Quick on your feet and solution oriented. Do not share your challenges or mishaps with customers. Work independently through difficulties quick and efficiently.
· Always have a positive attitude towards customers and staff. Must be approachable and friendly to everyone.
· Happy to serve others. Serving food and beverages when possible. Deliver fragrance oils to guests.
· Event time management - Stay on the 2 hour event timeline
· Confident in public speaking and leading groups
· Take ownership of your events
· 18 years old or older
· Bachelor’s Degree preferred, High school diploma required.
· Available weekends and week nights
· High energy
· Able to stand on your feet for long periods of time
· Clean studio – including bathrooms
· 1099 Contractor
· $500 bonus on your 6 month anniversary
· Weekly pay
· Promotion and growth opportunity – increase your hours
· Flexible hours
· Work independently
· Frequent team outings
· Profit sharing 10% of retail sales
· Staff discount of 20% on retail items
· Free outdoor patio rental for you and your friends
· Keep all tips
· Will write referral letters for future endeavors, if needed
Email Hello@rewaxandunwineevents.com with your resume, if interested. For faster reply, DM us on instagram @rewaxandunwine.